Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July Fireworks

John, Athan, and I went to a really fun party on the 4th of July and met some new friends. It had been raining around the time the town fireworks were scheduled to go off. We really wanted to see them, so we drove to Freedom Hall and then sat outside in the rain and waited. It was totally worth it! There were lots of people & a beautiful firework display! Even Athan had fun (he is usually scared of loud noises). He was a little keyed up during the firework show but after it was over, he kept asking about them.  Even the next day Athan wanted to see more fireworks!

Here is a link to a short video of the fireworks (handy iphone). They were choreographed to music - it was cool! I don't think you can hear the music in the background, but if you want to turn on your favorite patriotic music while you watch, I am sure it will really add to the experience! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkDxF5IEYjo




Not sure why I am making that face.  Maybe because it was raining & I was sick of the rain?

Athan looks less than impressed in the picture above, but I promise he was mesmerized!


1 comment: