Friday, July 12, 2013

Cashew Dip

A few years back I tried some cashew dip at a restaurant in downtown Boston. It was delish!  A few days ago I decided I wanted to try to make my own.  I found a good recipe to work off of and then changed a few things to give it my own flavor.

Ingredients:
1 cup lightly roasted, lightly salted cashews  (or raw cashews and add a little salt)
1 TBSP raw, organic tahini
1 TBSP organic olive oil
Juice from 1 fresh lemon
3 fresh roasted cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
1/8 teaspoon Penzeys fine ground black pepper
a tiny pinch of cayenne
filtered water

Soak cashews in water for at least 2 hours. Drain cashews and place in food processor. Place all other ingredients in food processor too. Blend until very creamy. Add a teaspoon of water at a time if the consistency is too thick to process.  Adjust seasonings to your taste (add more salt or pepper or even throw in a pinch of cumin!)

This did not last more than 2 days in my house. It was especially good with pita bread and fresh greens (mini yummy sandwiches, yes please!)




The picture above was taken with a flash


The picture above was taken in natural sunlight without a flash

No comments:

Post a Comment