Monday, August 5, 2013

Blueberry Millet Pancakes

I was really craving pancakes this morning! We had a pint of blueberries in the fridge from the farmer's market on Saturday so I figured those would make the pancakes even tastier!
I cut the recipe in 1/2 because I knew Athan and I wouldn't eat very many, but I'm going to give you the full size recipe in case you have more than 2 mouths to feed :)

Ingredients-
1 1/4 cup organic unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole grain stone ground millet flour
2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum free)
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
2 teaspoons of sugar

1 1/2 cup  Rice Milk
1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce (I used my homemade, unsweetened pear butter instead)
2 TBSP melted soy-free Earth Balance
Extra Earth Balance for the pan

1 pint organic blueberries

Add the dry ingredients into a large bowl. You can sift them if you want to, I didn't bother; I was too hungry!   Heat a pan on the stove - medium/low heat. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir well. Add more Rice Milk to the batter if the consistency is too thick. Add blueberries (or chocolate chips or bananas).

Add a small spoonful of Earth Balance to the pan and then pour about 1 cup of the batter in the middle. Cook evenly on both sides. My rule of thumb -when the middle of my pancake turns darker (medium yellow/beige) and has bubbles, it's time to flip!

I think this recipe is great! If you like flat ass pancakes, this isn't for you. These pancakes aren't super fluffy but they are definitely not flat.











No comments:

Post a Comment