Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Makeup Geek Eye Shadows

I know I haven't posted in a while and I promise I'm going to try to post more regularly! Today I want to share with you a few swatches from Makeup Geek's eye shadow line.

I really love the quality of Makeup Geek eye shadows and own quite a few of them. The two I want to feature today are shimmermint and rockstar.  Rockstar is a newer shadow that was released a few months back and shimmermint has been part of the line for a while now.


For those of you who may not know about this brand, Makeup Geek's shadows are talc-free, paraben-free, and cruelty-free. They were created by a YouTuber and makeup artist named Marlena (she is so sweet and I really enjoy her videos). The quality for the price is amazing! Also, some of the eye shadows are similar to MAC eye shadow colors but cost about 1/3 of the price (each Makeup Geek eye shadow pan is $5.99). http://www.makeupgeek.com/store/

I really like their customer service as well. I had an issue with a pigment I ordered a while back and they were quick to respond, super sweet, and helped me rectify my problem.

Rockstar is a lovely light gray with very fine light pink shimmer infused throughout. I've enjoyed using this color in the inner corner of my eye to highlight that area, as well as all over my lid.


Shimmermint is a light green shimmer with yellow tones. I have to be careful what color I blend this with because sometimes it can look a bit dirty/ muddy looking. I've found this color looks best (for me) to blend with gray or black, not brown.

While these two aren't my favorite Makeup Geek colors (My current favorites are vanilla bean, beaches & cream, chickadee, lemon drop, pixie dust), shimmermint and rockstar are great quality for the price and I'm glad I have them in my collection.

I was not paid or given anything for this review, I simply wanted to share my thoughts with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment