I haven't worn the shadows yet but I wanted to make this post more of a first impressions that includes swatches. The packaging is adorable and it is similar to last years palette (both are cardboard with magnetic closure), but 'Everything Nice' is a fraction thicker. The layout of the palette is the same with the shadows on the top and the face products on the bottom.
'Everything Nice' came with a makeup bag and a deluxe sample of the Too Faced Better than Sex mascara. The bag for A Few of My Favorite Things is very large and functional (the palette can fit inside the bag). The bag that came with 'Everything Nice' is smaller and sadly, the palette cannot fit inside. This year's bag also has glitz/glam and I wonder if the glitter is going to fall off all over the place (I hope not, but it's a concern of mine).
Top Row: Turtle Dove, Paper Roses, Heaven, Totally Fetch
Bottom Row: Dream On, Kindness is Free, Shiny Happy, Live it Up
Top Row: After Hours, Mauvelous, Honey Pot, Too Glam
Bottom Row: Fawned of You, Be You, Don't Settle, Head Over Heels
Swatched Left to Right on hand -Knockout, Secret Lovers, Girly, Chocolate Moon
Sweet Pink, Papa Don't Peach, Chocolate Soleil, Inner Light
Here are just a few things I noticed right off the bat when I swatched this palette (a few pros and cons).
1. It looks like there are quite a few dupes in this palette. For example, 'Girly' is the same shade in the Pretty Rebel palette. 'Shiny Happy' reminds me of 'Tinsel' in last years holiday palette. And I could keep going…
2. Papa Don't Peach is super soft and just a lovely shade! I'm excited to see how it wears. Compared to Sweet pink, it is so soft/ has a lovely texture.
3. The shadow 'Head Over Heels' is a dry mess. I really swirled my finger in the pan to pick up product and as you can see from the swatch, the color barely shows up. I was really disappointed in that shade. 'Live it Up' is also on the dry side and swatches very light but it's a better consistency. Head Over heels feels really hard/stiff and I don't know if I'll even use it.
4. Inner Light (the highlight) is very glittery. I wish that Too Faced had put Candlelight in there instead.
5. I love the mini brushes included in this kit. I haven't used them yet, but they feel soft and the handles are sturdy. We will see how they are after a few washings!
What do you think? Do you think you'll purchase this palette? Feel free to ask any questions :)
Thanks for reading!
Note: I purchased this palette. I was not paid to review this. All of my opinions are my own.