Friday, November 16, 2012

Chicknless Salad

Okay, I don't think this 'chickn' salad tastes anything like chicken, but it sure is yummy!
My recipe is very loosely based on THIS recipe from Vegan Planet by Robin Robertson.

Ingredients:
1/2 of block of organic tempeh, poached for 10 minutes and cooled
1/2 rib of  organic celery, chopped
2 TBSP organic cucumber, chopped
1 TBSP sweet yellow onion, very finely chopped
2 TBSP chopped almonds, finely chopped
1 TBSP fresh organic parsley, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 to 2 TBSP Veganaise (I used 1 for this recipe)
pinch of salt
pinch of sugar
pinch of black pepper

Optional- Cento hot cherry peppers. I love these! I didn't add it to this recipe this time though because I had them earlier and didn't want to "pepper" my tummy out.







No comments:

Post a Comment