Saturday, December 15, 2012

Granola Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

I made up this sweet potato dish the other day.  I really enjoyed the crunch that the oatmeal created. I kept stuffing more and more granola in mine.

The recipe is from Whole Living Magazine and can be found here: http://www.wholeliving.com/191991/baked-sweet-potato-maple-oat-crumble 
I made a few small changes to the dish I made (please see below)

Ingredients:
2 medium/large organic sweet potatoes, washed and pricked all over with a fork
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1 and 1/2 TBSP maple syrup
1 TBSP organic olive oil
pinch of sea salt
pinch of cinnamon

Cook sweet potatoes for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. I flip them over after 20 minutes to ensure even cooking. I also will prick them a few more times at this point. Take out of oven and let cool slightly.

Put oats, almonds, maple syrup, olive oil, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix until oats are well coated.
Spread out this mixture onto a cooking sheet in a flat layer. Cook at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. I stirred the oats every 3 minutes so they would not burn.

Cut the sweet potatoes open with a knife, then using a fork mash up the insides.  Stuff with granola.


Uncooked granola:


Cooked granola:





No comments:

Post a Comment