Saturday, December 15, 2012

Super Easy Eco-Wrapping Paper for the Holidays

My sister passed this project along to me. She has made this wrapping paper the past few years and I love it! This is a really easy way to save money on wrapping paper & to recycle old items.

Materials:
Brown paper bags
water color/non-toxic paints (I used red, yellow, green and white)
a few old sponges
paint brush
plates to put paint on
a little bit of water

*optional- a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice to the paint. This adds a little holiday scent to the paper.

Cut paper bags down the side. Cut along the bottom to make one large piece of brown paper.


Make sure sponge is dry (easier to cut it this way).  Cut to desired shape (I made stars and a circle). Rehydrate sponge but squeeze excess water out. In a bowl or plate put a squirt of paint and a few drops of water. Dab your sponge stamp in the paint and print where you want on the brown paper bag.







I made a few different patterns:





No comments:

Post a Comment