Thursday, February 21, 2013

Easy Strawberry Balsamic Salad Dressing

I'm sure I could use this as a sweet marinade as well. It is a great switch up from the Woodstock dressing that I posted a few months back.

I found This recipe on Allrecipes.com.  I was looking up a sweet dressing after having a salad in FL that had a raspberry flare.  I changed up the recipe in the link above and made it my own.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup organic olive oil
2 TBSP organic flaxseed oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1.5 TBSP strawberry preserves (I made sure mine did not have HFCS)
1/4 teaspoon Penzeys Fine Ground Black Pepper (I used between 1/4 and 1/2 teaspoon)
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (the jar says minced garlic, but it's not, I reused the jar by putting garlic powder in there)

Whisk ingredients in a bowl or large measuring cup (it makes it easier to pour out).  Pour into a recycled salad dressing jar (I use an old Annie's Salad Dressing jar & kept the cap- washed out very well and air dried).  Place cap on and shake well.  Use on salads or as a marinade.




I forgot to take a picture of the salad dressing in the jar when I made it up. We have used a little more than half of the dressing but I figured I would provide a picture anyway.  Also note- the olive oil becomes solid at cold temperatures so I like to leave out my dressing at the very beginning of supper prep, that way by the time I'm done making the meal, the oil is liquid.  Then I can shake the bottle and the oil will meld with the other ingredients. 




No comments:

Post a Comment