Sunday, February 3, 2013

Victoria Vegan Vodka Sauce

I usually make my pasta sauce from scratch (I will post this recipe in the future).  Other times I use 1/2 a jar of Bertolli Olive Oil & Garlic pasta sauce with a small can of Muir Glen Organic tomato paste (they use BPA-free cans). I add water to make it the consistency I like and voila! A less salty version of Bertolli Olive Oil & Garlic sauce.

For a special treat, I splurged and bought Victoria Vegan's- Vegan Vodka Sauce. I recently read in VegNews Magazine that this sauce received product of the year. (I finally finished reading the Nov&Dec 2012 issue, I am WAY behind in my magazine reading!!)

This sauce was on sale at EarthFare so I gave it a go.  John and I love it! It is creamy, tomatoey and just darn tasty!  It is a bit salty but used sparingly, it really gives the go-to pasta and sauce a KICK.



I am not paid or comped anything for writing this. I just really like the taste of this sauce and wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment