Monday, April 22, 2013

100% Pure Cosmetics Haul

I have been wanting to try this company for some time now and decided to wait for a good sale.  Many of the items were in a weekly special kit (Get Glowing Set) which cost quite a bit less than if I were to purchase the items individually. I also scored 10% off my entire order and free shipping.

Cosmetics-
Get Glowing Set which contains- Luminous Primer, Pink Champagne Luminescent Face Powder, Cruelty Free Kabuki Brush, Cranberry Lip & Cheek Tint, Cherry Lip Butter, Tahiti Satin Eyeshadow, Black Tea Mascara.



It's funny because the the items I thought I wouldn't like are actually really nice. The Tahiti Satin Eyeshadow is terrible for all over the lid (creases) but works magnificently as a highlighter (love using it in the inner corner of my eye and above my brow).
I am also really loving the Cranberry cheek tint- At first I was trying to apply this by dabbing the stick on my face. BAD IDEA! I looked like bozo the clown. I figured out that if I swipe some of it on my palm and then use a stippling brush to apply the color to my cheeks, WOW. It is very pigmented and lasts a long time. The stippling brush I use is from ELF and can be purchased at Target for $3. 
The primer is very smooth and I am a fan of it.  The lip butter is also very nice; it has a red pop of color to it which I really enjoy. It almost looks like I ate a red Popsicle.  The Pink Champagne Face Powder is so-so. I've found that there is a lot of excess powder when I swirl my brush in it. Also, it seems a bit chalky.  I haven't opened my Black Tea Mascara yet but am looking forward to it (I don't like to have a lot of mascaras open at once because of their short shelf life. I like to use one up and then open a new one).


I also purchased the Healthy Skin Fruit Pigmented Tinted Moisturizer in White Peach, which is the second color from the left in the picture above.  I had the toughest time selecting a color because on their website there is only a picture of a girl whose skin color you are trying to match and a photo of the bottles (same as above). Plus there are only a few colors to choose from. Um, that is not adequate when buying a $30 product!  I think they should provide samples.  

If you are trying to find out which shade is best for you, I'll try to help.

My shades in other brands:
Bare Minerals - Golden Fair
Revlon Naked Foundation - Vanilla 120
MAC Mineralize Liquid Makeup - NC20 or NW20 (I can wear both)
Urban Decay Naked Skin - Shade 2.0
Tarte Smooth Operator - Agent 06 (aka veil)
Make Up Forever HD - I can wear either  #117 or #120

I've noticed that this product runs a slightly peachy, whereas something like Tarte Smooth Operator seems slightly yellow based. The 100% Pure Tinted Moisturizer is a tiny bit darker than my Revlon, Urban Decay, and MAC. I like to mix the 100% Pure Tinted Moisturizer with my Revlon Naked Foundation to lighten it up a bit. I've been doing half and half. I really like how the 100% Pure product makes my face less flakey compared to when I use just the Revlon.  When I do my foundation, I like to match my face color to my neck/chest and then use a matte bronzer to contour and add some color/dimension. 



I didn't rub the swatch closest to my wrist in completely, so that you could see that it's more of a peachish color. Once rubbed in (swatch in the middle of my arm), it becomes a very slight golden/peach tinge. I felt that the creme (lightest color) would have been too light for me, but after trying this color I may go with the creme and mix the two together. I feel that the White Peach is a tad too dark for me.

I wanted to show a picture where I am just wearing the tinted moisturizer (no finishing powder and without mixing it with another product).  I did have to bronze up my neck/chest so that there wouldn't be any lines of demarcation.  I don't like doing that because then I can't wear lighter colored shirts and I have to remember to wash my neck/chest at night.

In this picture I am wearing:
100% Pure Tinted Moisturizer in White Peach
Elf Blush in peachy keen
Bonne Bell Lip Lites Strawberry Parfait (a dupe for NARS lipgloss in Turkish Delight)
Tarte Creaseless concealer in light
Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Roller Ball in sheer tint
NYC Bronzer in sunny (on my neck & chest)



Creams-
I love that the Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream is vegan, organic and that 100% Pure sells a small/sample size.  I also really like that it doesn't cause little bumps to pop up around my eyes (Dr. Hauschka Daily Revitalizing Eye Cream- I am talking to YOU).  I do think that it is more of a summer eye cream though; I don't really feel that it is super moisturizing. Smells yummy though and it great for traveling.



I can't really rave about the customer service at 100% Pure. My first order was actually supposed to be before Christmas but for some reason it didn't process correctly. John & I waited for weeks for my Christmas present to arrive and finally I called 100% Pure in mid-January to see what was up.  They had sent me an order confirmation so I was confused when they said they had not placed it. Hmmmm. They weren't very apologetic either, made up some excuse, and did not offer any kind of compensation.

I decided to just wait for some better deals to come along.  When placing my order, back in mid-February, I was supposed to receive a gift set of three french lavender items. I had even called customer service to make sure I would because it wasn't showing up in my cart, they assured me I would get it. Well 100% Pure ran out of the set and told me "too bad" AFTER my order was placed. I had to talk to the customer service people 3 times and asked for different free gift (they did not offer outright) and they acted like it was a big deal. I was gracious, but a little miffed because I had spent over a certain amount in order to get the free gift in the first place!


Instead they sent me a free 16 oz glass jar of Aqua Dessa Spa Therapy Seaweed detox bath. I'm not sure if you can read it, but under the product name it says "pure enough to eat". That's cool.  I read the ingredients and sure enough, all the ingredients are edible. It contains all kinds of herbs, seaweeds, essential oils, etc. Nice!

As I stated in a previous post, I've decided to still use some makeup products that have some questionable ingredients, but this company is really pure and I am proud to post about their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment