Thursday, April 25, 2013

Asian Kale Salad

I made this salad to bring over to my in-laws.  My sister-in-law asked me to bring an side dish so I made this up with some fresh kale from my garden. I think what makes this dish so tasty is the amount of garlic and ginger.

Ingredients:
1 Large bunch of organic kale, washed, rinsed, de-stemmed and cut in small pieces
Juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon
4 Large cloves of garlic, chopped
1 inch of ginger, chopped
1 TBSP toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon organic olive oil

2 TBSPs sesame seeds
1/4 cup lightly salted cashews
1/8 teaspoon real sea salt
1/8 teaspoon Penzey Black Pepper, finely ground

Massage the kale with 1 teaspoon of organic olive oil.
On medium/low cook garlic and ginger with the sesame oil for 3-4 minutes (until done). Stir frequently so as not to burn the garlic. Add this to kale.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds, cashews, salt and pepper. Toss.




I didn't get a picture of this dish with the cashews and sesame seeds because I was running out the door to get to my in-laws on time.  I am sure adding a splash of organic soy sauce would be really nice too; I think it would compliment the flavors well.

No comments:

Post a Comment