Friday, January 25, 2013

Turmeric

I have read in a few articles about the health benefits of Turmeric.  I add it here and there to different dishes and add quite a bit to my curries. At one point I was even stirring 1/2 teaspoon in a glass  of water and chugging it down (ick!).

After reading the Skinny Bitch blog : http://www.healthybitchdaily.com/post/5-reasons-you-need-turmeric-in-your-diet  I was encouraged to take it daily. Yesterday I took a trip to Earth Fare (it is a store similar to Whole Foods), and purchased some vegetarian capsules ($4.99). I had the turmeric at home and so I filled up those little containers with the good stuff and have been taking it for the last two days.  It was so easy to do and I don't have to suffer through drinking it in a glass.

If you have the time, please check out the This Article on Turmeric!  P.s. The Skinny Bitch Blog does giveaways and has a wealth of information on vegan products, exercise, recipes, etc.








No comments:

Post a Comment