Saturday, January 26, 2013

Warm Cup O' Chai Tea

I love drinking hot tea in the winter. It really seems to warm me up from the inside out.  I am a huge fan of the chai taste but don't like caffeine. I recently purchased Mountain Rose Herbs Firefly Chai.  It is awesome! At first I simply added the tea in a mesh teaspoon similar to the one HERE and let it steep for a few minutes. The flavor was nice but very subtle.

A friend of mine from India who LOVES chai tea told me to put the tea into the water before it boils and let it warm up and boil for a few minutes to make the tea stronger.  I have been doing this and straining the tea contents out after. The tea tastes amazing! The flavor has really come alive using this method!


Contains: organic Ginger root, organic Cinnamon bark, organic Red Rooibos Tea, organic Cardamom, organic Cloves, organic Nutmeg, and organic Vanilla bean.

Five drops of liquid stevia and a good splash of Unsweetened Almond milk!










1 comment:

  1. To get a chai tea tasting beverage, I warm up either soy milk or almond milk (although sometimes almond and oatmeal milk are too thick for my taste.) and add a big ole spoon of blackstrap molasses, stirring until disolved! Yummy and super nutritious with the minerals and goodness. I add abit of cinnamon to it sometimes...
    Over here, they haven't gotten to the point of adding sweeteners and stuff to soy milk (like Silk) so it's taken me awhile to get used to the "original" soy milk taste and texture.

    ReplyDelete