Friday, March 29, 2013

Kale Hummus

I found this hummus to be a great way to get some raw kale and raw garlic in my diet.  It's tasty and spicy.

Ingredients:
1 can of organic, low sodium chick peas, drained, and rinsed
1 large leaf of kale, destemmed, and ripped into smaller pieces
1 glove raw garlic
1/2 teaspoon Mountain Rose Herbs garlic powder
3 TBSP tahini
3 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 - 2 TBSP Penzey's Turkish Seasoning (this is a must for this recipe- the flavor is different without it)
1/2 teaspoon Penzey's Freshly Ground Black Pepper
2 TBSP organic olive oil
pinch of salt
1 TBSP water - more if needed

Blend all ingredients in a food processor (except the water). Add the water 1 teaspoon at a time until you have the desired consistency.

This goes so well with warmed up pita bread. Raw veggies are good too (carrots, celery, broccoli)

I used one TBSP of the Turkish Seasoning in my dish.



Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product!  John and I ate up all the hummus :(

Note: In the second picture there is a white kitchen item in the upper left hand corner.  This is my citrus juicer.  It makes extracting lemon juice so easy.  It also helps with measuring and not wasting the juice. There is an easy to pour spout (it is out of view in this picture).  Purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment