Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Make Your Own Baby Food

I buy baby food all the time but about once a week I will make up a batch of fresh baby food for Athan.

In this batch of baby food there are all kinds of veggies and grains:
organic brown rice, organic quinoa, organic carrots, organic celery, organic potatoes, organic sweet potatoes, garlic, onion, mushrooms, small pinch of salt and pepper, 1/2 TBSP organic flaxseed oil, organic olive oil.

I cook the rice and most of the veggies (sometimes I leave out some veggies so that Athan can benefit from some raw food). The quinoa was left over from a dish I made for John and I the night before.

Puree all ingredients in a food processor.  Add water to create desired consistency. Drizzle in oils. Blend some more. Store in old baby food jars that are cleaned out and dry.





I also like to add cooked beans (or canned that are rinsed & drained) and cashews/almonds to add protein and calories.  

I made this recipe the other day and it turned out really well: acorn squash, organic quinoa, 1/2 cup of organic kale leaves, organic flaxseed oil, 2 TBSP cashews.  I tasted it myself and it was really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment