Saturday, May 25, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Pie

This is one of my go-to recipes for a chocolate dessert.  I've been making this for years and I don't remember where I found this recipe (this is not my recipe).

People always comment on how tasty this pie is (I never tell them there is tofu in it until after they eat it!)

Ingredients:
1 package of Mori-Nu Silken Tofu (sometimes I use 1.5 packages) This tofu is not refrigerated. I have found the refrigerated tofu to have a funny taste if used in this recipe.

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3/4 package of 12 oz vegan chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips in the gold bag).
1/2 to 1 cup of Smuckers creamy Peanut Butter (add to taste)
1 Arrow Head Mills graham cracker pie crust

Directions- Blend tofu and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor until silky smooth (I like using the food processor better). Heat chocolate chips over low- medium heat on the stove top and stir constantly so that the chocolate doesn't burn. Add desired amount of PB to melted chocolate. Stir well.
Spoon out chocolate/PB mixture into the food processor (or blender) where the tofu is chillin' and blend everything together. Once it is really whipped up well, scoop out into the graham cracker crust and smooth over the top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. I like to let mine sit overnight. It becomes really thick, almost like a fudge pie. *Nom nom nom nom nom= me making cookie monster like noises!


This is not a good choice if you are trying to lose weight or avoiding sugar. It is vegan but certainly not healthy (a lot of sugar in it). As a special treat, I think this is a great dessert to bring to a party or have on a special occasion.

If you have never bought any of the ingredients I've mentioned above, here are some images to help you locate them in the store:







No comments:

Post a Comment