Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Spring Garden

My neighbors are generous and have allowed me to have a small garden plot on their lot (they have direct sunlight!) I try to plant organic/heirloom varieties as much as possible (I think about 80%- 90% of my garden is from organic seed or plants).

This year I've planted :
Malabar Spinach
Spinach  (sadly going to seed)
Four different types of Lettuce
Broccoli
Kale
Five different types of Tomatoes
Basil
Cinnamon Basil
Sweet Onions
Cucumbers
Beets
Garlic
Sugar Snap Peas















Above photo: Athan is munching on some sugar snap peas!




I also have a garden plot about 2/3 the size of this one at my house; it's pretty humble. We don't get more than 6 hours of sunlight so the plants there don't grow as full/beautiful.  In that plot I am currently growing parsley, lettuce, beets, spinach, and kale.

1 comment: