Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Nail Strengthener Homemade Essential Oil Blend

I have always had pretty strong nails. The would grow pretty long and then I would cut them because they were too long (not because they were breaking).  Since I have been painting my nails A LOT lately, my nails are breaking, peeling, brittle, and definitely not as strong as they use to be.

Last night I looked up an essential oil recipe in The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood.  I found a nail strengthening recipe which looked good, but I wanted to add more oils and substitute one of the ones they had listed.  My recipe is based loosely off of the one posted the book.

Here's what I ended up concocting:

2 teaspoons of *Burt's Bees Mama Bee Nourishing Body Oil (you can also just use almond oil, avocado oil, or grapeseed oil)
5 drops of organic Jojoba oil
8 drops organic Lemon essential oil
3 drops Lavender essential oil (they changed packaging since I purchased this)
2 drops organic Rosemary Verbenone essential oil
2 drops organic Cypress essential oil
1 drop peppermint essential oil


I just mixed all of the ingredients together in a clean baby food jar.  Ive been rubbing it on my nails for the past few days and it seems to be making my nails softer; they aren't as brittle.



*The ingredients in the Mama Bee Oil-  sweet almond oil, lemon peel oil, wheat germ oil, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment