Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dr. Ben's Super Green Food Powder

I have been drinking this green drink for almost 3 years now and I LOVE it!  It tastes not-so-hot but there are some kickin' ingredients in there.  It is 100% organic and wild-crafted with out any fillers (like apple pectin).  I have tried 6+ other green drinks and none compare to Dr. Ben's Greens. Some of the others are too sweet, taste artificial, have fillers, etc. 

I don't take it everyday because it is a bit pricey, but if I feel like I'm on the verge of getting sick, or feeling run down- I drink 1 TBSP with water (stir very well), gulp down without breathing through my nose. I also will gargle several times a day with warm salt water and a drop of white vinegar, avoid all refined sugars, and get lots of rest.

I also take Dr. Ben's Super Greens when I feel like I have eaten a lot of cooked or not-so-healthy food.  If I eat a big mixed green salad with quinoa and loads of fresh veggies, I skip the Green Drink.

I do not make any money from posting this. It's the best green drink I have found/tried and I wanted to share my findings! One bottle usually lasts me 6-7 months (again I don't drink it everyday).

The picture below shows the green drink on top of the water before stirring it in.  I decided to have some because I ate vegan nachos (organic corn chips, Daiya Cheese and Newman's Own Black Bean Salsa) for lunch... I definitely needed a good dose of greens.


Here are the ingredients of Super Green Food Powder (this information is straight from Dr. Ben Kim's website):


Land Vegetables: Nettle (leaf), Alfalfa Grass Juice, Dandelion Leaf Juice, Barley Grass Juice, Oat Grass Juice, Carob (Pod), Horsetail/Shavegrass, Parsley Leaf, Ginger Root, Barley Grass, Wheat Grass, American Basil, Chickweed, Holy Basil/Tulsi, Moringa Leaf, Yacon Leaf, Amla Berry, Shilajit

Algae: Spirulina, Broken Cell Wall Chlorella

Sea Vegetables: Icelandic Kelp, Dulse, Lavar, Bladderwrack, Alaria, Nori

Enzyme Complex: Protease, 
Amylase, Lipase, Cellulase, Bromelain, Papain, Alpha-Galactosidase

The above ingredients provide a whole food source of the following nutrients:

Calcium, the entire B complex, soluble and insoluble fiber, a full spectrum of trace and major minerals, hundreds of carotenoids, truly natural vitamin C, chlorophyll, tens of thousands of phytonutrients, and much more.

Comprehensive Probiotic Mixture – Health-Enhancing Intestinal Bacteria (3 Billion Active):
L. plantarum, L. paracasei, L. rhamnosus, L. salivarius, S. thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus

Suggested Usage: Start with one teaspoon per day an
d increase gradually over two weeks to one tablespoon (three teaspoons) per day. One level tablespoon per day equals a 53-day supply. Can be mixed with water or juice, preferably freshly squeezed vegetable juice. Can also be blended with a fruit smoothie. 

1 comment:

  1. I just looked this up online and HOLY COW, it's expensive. Still want to try it, but I'll have to save up... don't see it sold in France either :/ French culture is so NOT into health food/alternative ways of eating. I'm doing my part, though ;)

    ReplyDelete