Monday, October 8, 2012

Mother Earth News Magazine

I purchased a subscription to Mother Earth News Magazine about 6 months ago and have been enjoying the articles.  While I don't agree with or connect with their meat/dairy/egg articles (I'm vegan),  I do enjoy the magazine's focus on sustainability and organic gardening. A recent article talked about earthen homes and the different materials one can use and products to seal in walls/floors in such a home.  Their focus on renewable energy is really inspiring as well. There are DIY articles on how to build a solar hot water heater, passive solar design for homes, wind energy, and on and on.  One of my favorite sections discusses how to grow one particular crop. Each magazine there is a different crop depending on the season.  It goes into open pollinated varieties and good hybrid choices, ideal conditions for growing, maintenance, harvest, and storage for that particular fruit or veggie. I really enjoy the gardening articles. They are my faves!



At the end of each magazine readers write in to the magazine about their own tips, projects, etc. They are fun to read and have given me some great ideas for the future. One reader went into detail how he buried an old boat and made it a root cellar! So cool!

If you get a chance, check out Mother Earth News


No comments:

Post a Comment