Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vegan Broccoli Salad

I bought way too much organic broccoli last week because the grocery store had a major sale.  I looked up several recipes on the internet but I wasn't very impressed. So I figured I would mix some of them together and add several of my own ingredients.  This vegan broccoli salad I made turned out really well!  I even caught my husband sneaking bites when we were cleaning up from dinner! WHAT! He is not a fan of raw broccoli so I was really happy :)

Ingredients:
2 medium heads of broccoli (approximately 4 cups chopped into small pieces)
2 stalks of organic celery, chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup organic red cabbage, sliced thin and about 1 inches long
1/2 - 3/4 cup Veganaise
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 TBSP organic apple cider vinegar
1 TBSP organic sugar
3/4 cup raw organic cashews
1/2 cup organic raisins
1/4 cup raw organic sunflower seeds
1/4 teaspoon Penzey's Black Pepper
pinch of sea salt

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Enjoy! You can let this sit in the fridge for like 30 minutes and stir every so often to coat the veggies in the sauce. We enjoyed it right away. I also just had some for lunch the next day and it is really tasty. Feel free to add more of less of any ingredients to suit your taste buds.


I like the cashews to be crunchy so I added them when I served the dish. If you like them soft, you can add them when you mix everything together.

I also chopped the broccoli really fine, I like it better that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment