Monday, October 29, 2012

Goji Berry Bites

I got this idea from a video posting on Mountain Rose Herbs  (Click preview "Herbs that Heal" video).
I added a lot of other ingredients as well.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup dry goji berries (Next time, I will use less, more like 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup organic raw cashews
5 large organic medjool dates (pitted)
1/4 cup raw organic sunflower seeds
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 TBSP cocoa
2 TBSP raw organic Maca Powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
dry, unsweetened coconut
1 teaspoon organic chia seeds
1- 2 TBSPs vegan chocolate chips

Reconstitute goji berries by putting them in 1-2 cups of warm water for 20 minutes. Strain water and add berries to food processor.

Put all ingredients (except coconut & chocolate chips) in a food processor. Mix for 15- 20 seconds. Add vegan chocolate chips & process for 10 more seconds.  Scoop out gooey mixture and roll in coconut. Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour (makes the bites a little firmer).


Some coconut got on my spoon while I was scooping to make the bites.


I like to make the bites all different sizes, this way I can have a small one, say around 10PM, or a bigger one at like 10AM.


This was my first time making anything with goji berries. They are kind of expensive so I usually buy o. raisins or o. dates if I am going to make something with fruit in it. I decided to give these asian berries a try. They are pretty good (although I prefer the Brownie Ball/Bites that I posted a while back)

No comments:

Post a Comment