Monday, October 22, 2012

Indonesian-Inspired Tempeh Stew

I love my go-to cookbook Vegan Planet by Robin Robertson. One of my favorite cold weather meals comes from this amazing cookbook.

This recipe is available online as well : Indonesian-Inspired Tempeh Stew (once you click on the link, if the recipe doesn't come right up you and search by page, it is page 310. Also you can click the "previous" button at the top of the viewer twice and that should bring it up).

I did not have sweet potatoes on hand so I improvised and used o. blue potatoes from the farmers market and o. carrots. Green onions replaced the shallots. I also did not have any lime zest (which was a bummer because it really adds a tang and great depth to this dish).

I made some o. brown rice to put underneath the stew to add a hearty, stick-to-your-ribs taste.










No comments:

Post a Comment